The History & Etymology of The Name Joshua
– 1st. Hebrew to English: Jo-shua (once removed) – 1st. Hebrew Litteral: Yah-shua
– 2nd Hebrew to English: Yeshua / Yehoshua / Joshua (twice removed to 2nd Hebrew)
Root: 2nd Hebrew to Yeshua,Yehoshua (twice removed) then to English with Joshua (3 times removed)
1st Hebrew Meaning: “Salvation of Yah”, 2nd Hebrew Meaning: “God is Deliverance”
– Yahweh commissions Joshua (YaHshua) – 1406BC (Successor to Moses) – Bible, Joshua Ch.1
Joshua 1:1-2 (YaHshua / Joshua son of Nun)
1) After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ aide: 2) “Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites.
Acts 7:44-45 (YaHshua / Joshua son of Nun)
Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus (see Joshua, son of Nun) into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;
Luke: 1:31-33 (NLT)
31) You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Yahshua. 32) He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. Yahweh Elohim will give him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 And he will reign over Israelc] forever; his Kingdom will never end!”
Exodus: 3:14-15 (NLT)
14) Elohim(God) replied to Moses, “I am who i am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” 15) God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God (Elohim) of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.
This is my eternal name,
my name to remember for all generations.”
“Fishers of Men” ( Matthew 4:19 ) with a “Readiness of Mind who search the Scripture Daily.” – ( Acts: 17:11 ) – Amen!
“Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing your mind so then you may see what is good, and of YAH. ( Romans 12:2 ) – “Wise as the serpents, gentle as doves.” – ( Matthew 10:16 )